it's heating up

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 12:46:35 PDT 2000

I don't want to make a big deal out of this, but years of trying to copperate inside and out of the Dems have taught some of us that the cooperation is entirely one sided: your labor is appreciated, now shut up before you alienate "people" (i.e., campaign contributors). We _never_ get any nearer the halls of power and we _never_ affect policy. We just get used. I should explain that I learned thsi position from years of personal experience in the best possible circumstances for affecting DP politics. I did not start out from a Trot "plague on both your houses" point of view. My own conclusion is that a plague on both their houses is right. Third parties are just platforms to raise a fuss; the real action is in mass movements, and to hell with the Dems--they say the same about us, except when the vote is close. --jks