It's Heating Up

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Wed Oct 25 20:37:03 PDT 2000

Steve Rosenthal the political action director of the AFL-CIO puts the union "protest vote" at around 25%; me, I would say a good general election guess would put it at around 35% in most elections.

So, I will compromise with Rosenthal and say in this election the "protest vote" will be around 30% of union voters.

This time since we have a very credible un-endorsed by the AFL-CIO candidate running in Ralph Nader. Nader should split or take a majority of the union "protest vote" from Bush. This is one hell of a lot better situation than Bush getting a full un-opposed 30% or more of the union vote.

Tom Lehman