It's Heating Up

LeoCasey at aol.com LeoCasey at aol.com
Thu Oct 26 06:52:20 PDT 2000

<< This time since we have a very credible un-endorsed by the AFL-CIO candidate running in Ralph Nader. Nader should split or take a majority of the union "protest vote" from Bush. This is one hell of a lot better situation than Bush getting a full un-opposed 30% or more of the union vote. >>

Say what? I have seen leaps of logic in LBO discussions of electoral politics, but this one is up there with the best. Who in their right mind thinks that Nader is taking ANY votes from Bush, much less a union vote? If there ever was a classic white, middle strata base of support, it is the Nader campaign.

Leo Casey United Federation of Teachers 260 Park Avenue South New York, New York 10010-7272 (212-598-6869)

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never has, and it never will. If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightening. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. -- Frederick Douglass --