it's heating up

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 26 10:04:39 PDT 2000

Carrol Cox wrote:

>Could one say that the most disastrous political decision in all of 20th
>century u.s.a. was the decision of the CP in 1936 to support Roosevelt?

Dunno about the most, but the CP hasn't stopped. The Peoples Weekly World has for weeks done little more than shill for Gore - though they always phrase it as a vote against Bush. In this week's issue, I learned under the headline VOTE! in what must have been 256-point type that Bush hates women and considers them property - just look at Texas for proof. Right next to this story was a box honoring the memory of that working class Communist hero Gus Hall. Gus and Al, wotta pair.

Doug