LBO = flame city? (was RE: Survivor!)

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Oct 26 12:34:12 PDT 2000

>For example, if the recent Survivor! thread, Godwin's Law could have been
>invoked if someone would have said "yeah well the NAZIs believe in
>utilitarian individualism and you do to, so you are just like Hitler". Or
>in the recent gun control thread had I said "yeah well the NAZIs believed
>in gun control, you fascists".

Point of Order <dc-stuff convention--- and heck i don't even know if i'm using it correctly, whatever!>: no one here argued for gun control but argued that your reasons for supporting the 2a were incoherent or your claim that the supremes have seen it as an individual right, not collective were incoherent, wrong, etc. it doesn't *necessarily* follow that folks would advocate gun control. although i'm sure some here do, a number of folks think about law in rather lacanian terms, even if they don't use that description. (forbidding something just makes people want it more, to put it simply) i think only justin was heading in the direction and openly declaring that he supports draconian gun control or close to it.

kelley