It's Heating Up ( is "class" in the US today a meaningful con cept for analysis and organizing?)

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Oct 26 14:26:10 PDT 2000

Justin Schwartz wrote:

>They are certainly class conscious. Having gone to school at Princeon and
>Cambridge, I can tell you from first hand experience that they have no
>doubt about who they are. If we lose, it isn part, also, because we are
>not class conscious enough.

Justin, honeybunch, could you expound on what you mean by this? I'm sorry for overlimit, but I think it would be illuminating for Norm to have more of a sense of what you mean? E.g., would you say, for ex, that they view it in class warfare terms---of hostility--or something a bit less severe than that?

kelley