LBO = flame city? (was RE: Survivor!)

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Oct 26 17:48:02 PDT 2000

>Still, unfairly though you were treated, I reckon a registered gun and an
>arrest record are in quite easily separable categories.

riiiiiiiiiiight! i suppose that it really sucks to be stopped driving while black right but hey being black is easily separable from guilty criminal? right?

come on joanna, that's not the way it works. cops think you're guilty and up to no good if you own a gun. they are trained and continually exposed to stories about how some cop stops someone on a routine traffic stop, they pull out gun and blam! i used to tend bar at a place where the Ithaca BCI detectives hung out. they expl'd all this for me one day. i had been pulled over for the first time. i was upset and didn't know what to do, but i thought they needed my insurance card. so i fumbled around in the glove box as he approached. he flipped. also flipped when i gave him my wallet where my license was encased.

you know why, of course. he thought some 18 yo ditzy blonde might have a gun.

the sizzlean don't make prejudgments about people at all. right? how about when the sizzlean busted into my home to protect me? twice. the first time: a report of domestic violence. i was home alone. i told the guy that i often beat myself up but i hadn't taken to screaming about it yet! he wasn't amused. they searched the place. for my protection.

feminist sizzlean are soooooo kewl! they like to search the house now be/c they "understand" that the victim of domestic violence often hides the perp. so they are trained to investigate further, to "help" you.

they searched my son's room. pulled out a broken b.b. gun and said, "what's this?"

"a broken b.b. gun?"

"why do you have it"

"well, my son collects broken things. likes rocks and crumpled up paper too. aside from that, i can have a bb gun and as many longarms in this place as i want. i thought. dunno. just moved here. maybe i've got the laws wrong."

so there you have it joanna. this is what cops like to do in my neighborhood.

i'm white. i'm a chick that has a million books in bookshelves when you walk in the place. i'm articulate and look like a godamned suzy homemaking soccer mom. real femme. and yet, this is the way i got treated, in my home, when they were "protecting" me.

and lest you think these fucks are unique, here's the next story. i had to call one night because a drunken fool was trying to get in the wrong apartment. frankly, at that point i was petrified of the cops and would rather have taken my chances with the idiot.

i finally did because i wasn't getting any work done. he'd pass out and be quiet for awhile and then all of a sudden awake and try to get in. nerve wracking!

those putz's came. took care of the moron. i thought. then they tapped on my dooor. i opened it about enough to get my face in the space and the sizzlean stuck his palm flat on my door and pushed hard and tried to get his foot across.

he was there to protect me joanna. to keep me from harm.

why do you suppose he was trying to get into my house using force and decepetion? this crap happens around here all the time. i asked around.

also, i took it outside b/c no sizzlean will step on my property again unless i deserve it. guess where moron still was. outside my door. effin brill.

>Better abolish dog and car registration while you're at it. Never know
>WHAT sorta foucauldian/althusseriann hole they could drop you into.

hey! this was substantive crit that i can't possibly think of a defense against. ya got me stumped joanna.

wait, how about this. i'll grant you that one class of registered car owner is harassed -- all those ninnys driving around evil SUVs. got them knocking on my door all the time looking for my hidden SUV, that miserable life threatening hunk of metal and plastic on wheels.

christ.

kelley