LBO = flame city? (was RE: Survivor!)

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Oct 27 00:30:55 PDT 2000

At 12:06 AM 10/27/00 +0000, you wrote:
> > I reckon a registered gun and an
> > arrest record are in quite easily separable categories.
>
>If only that were true. It's certainly the case that most modern
>police forces in the US have access to CCW data that arrives on
>the dash-top computer in a cruiser -- don't you think a cop would
>want to know if the person he's about to pull over (nevermind that
>this is the reason he's now interested in pulling you over) is
>packing heat?
>
>It's just one more step ...
>
>/jordan

not to mention that no one on earth should be judged by an arrest record OR even a conviction record. i'd expect that kind of crap from some conservative wanker, but not here among the enlightenerati.

attitudes like this joanna are exactly what made my life miserable quite some time: your assumption, despite all that i posted in that post, was that someone with an arrest record must clearly be deserving of getting pulled over or treated with suspicion. you know nothing about what happened and why and i flat out told you that i was found not guilty and in fact sued for misconduct, police violence, unlawful arrests and illegal search and seizure and WON and yet you assumed that an arrest record must mean guilt. just like the friggin Public Defender's office who wouldn't help me fight the charge because they assume you're guilty if you're poor.

very nice. love it.

what malarkey.