NYT gets snippy

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Fri Oct 27 06:28:03 PDT 2000

>New York Times Editorial
>October 26, 2000

I forgot the header which was "Mr. Nader's Electoral Mischief."

Establishment media like the Times keep insisting that there are major differences between the parties but I don't see it. Both are for the war on drugs - which is creating havoc in poor peoples lives, here and aboad - both are for a ridiculously large military budget and both are for the neoliberal, Washington-consensus, economic model - which includes balanced budgets, Greenspan, the WTO, the IMF, etc. I want to vote against this and a good showing by the Greens can demonstrate to the young and idealistic that change can happen. The freakin' cold war ended 10 years ago. Where's the peace dividend?

This election seems like a primary for the Republicrat party. Can anyone honestly argue that the "real" primaries were primaries in any manner except name?

This time last year who would have thought that the American left could pull off a Seattle, followed by a third party Presidential campaign that would drive the Democratic party and liberal media establishments to distraction?

Peter