It's Heating Up ( is "class" in the US today a meaningful con cept for analysis and organizing?)

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 27 11:39:05 PDT 2000

It's less than the Fords and the Agnellis (Fiat)--I went to Tigertown with William Ford and Nino AGnelli--express hostility to the working class, or they did not when I was at school; in fact both are personally liberal politically, but rather that they know that they are masters of the universe and who the other MoU are. People like me don't count; we are at best hired help; you can see it in the way that they treat you versus the way they treat each other. At Cambs, the very U [upperclass] Brits wouldn't even talk to us lowlifes. You know the joke about Boston, the Lodges only talk to the Cabots, and the Cabots talk only to God? U Brits are like that too. --jks