Reich on mediocrity of middle ground

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 30 08:51:53 PST 2000

Nathan Newman wrote:

> [...]

Well, as the old public opinion saying goes, we can't tell people what to think, but we can tell them what to think about. So the public doesn't really care about either major candidate - are there really any passionate Bush or Gore supporters? - but the whole process does serve to set the bounds of acceptable discourse. The NYT edit the other day chided Nader for spoiling the pure up-or-down choice between Bush and Gore; he threatens to spoil the show.l

Doug