LBO = flame city? (was RE: Survivor!)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 30 09:37:57 PST 2000

kelley wrote:

> At 11:35 AM 10/30/00 -0500, Matt Cramer wrote:
> >On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, Joanna Sheldon wrote:
> >
> > > Point is, you haven't established that registering guns produces
> > harassment
> > > by police in the US.
>
> oh criminy. i missed this since i read interalia. i have established
> it. well how can i possibly establish it since we don't register
> guns? what i have established, tho, is the following:

As I've indicated before, this issue does not particularly interest me, but I can give a small tidbit that may be on kelley's side. Back in '69 when my house had been stoned several times and I had received death threats, I decided that while I wouldn't buy a gun right away, I would register as a gun owner (required in Illinois) so I could get one quickly if I changed my mind. About a week later I received an anonymous threat featuring a statement to the effect that I had delayed too long in registering. Leakage someplace???

Carrol