LBO = flame city? (was RE: Survivor!)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Oct 30 12:03:36 PST 2000

At 02:00 PM 10/30/00 -0600, Kelley wrote:
>yeah and like the german immigrants i lived with for almost a year when i
>was a youngin' , they utterly understood the need for the right to bear
>arms because when the nazi's took *their* gunz....

Personally, I do not think armed unionist would stop hitler whose ascent to power was through elections and para-parliamenatary maneuvers and the monumental shortsightedness of german left. The counterfactual to that is Spain, where left commandend significant fire power in addition to electoral victories. Nonetheless, Franco did "pasaran."

Italy, OTOH, is a different story. Unionists shooting back at the fascist thugs might have changed the course of history there, no?

wojtek