fetish

Adam from San Francisco sf_adam at rocketmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:31:04 PST 2000

The use of "gay" to mean uncool is widespread amongst the young folks of California. I first noticed this use about ten years ago. Adam Gay but cool San Francisco

Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote: At 02:57 PM 10/31/00 -0500, yoshie wrote:
>1 is quite obvious, in that much of "homophobic" behaviors originates
>in the desire not to appear "homosexual" -- the desire obviously

Speaking of which - I repeatedly heard high school kids using the word "gay" as an adjective to describe something as undesirable or uncool (e.g. "This is gay.") Is it a nation-wide trend or a local PA/MD phemomenon?

wojtek