lbo-talk-digest V1 #3306

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 1 11:58:25 PDT 2000

As much as I hate to bash a fellow Thai food lover, Michael, couldn't you have just posted the URL, and saved me printing out over 10 pages, just to dump them in the trash?

Barry

Forget if this was resolved one way or another, but on lbo-list a few months ago, some list member(s) without web access preferred that articles be posted as well as the URL. Maybe I'm feeling cranky (comes easily to a crank) but you could have printed just the first page or typed Emperors New Clothes into the search engine, too. Keeping up with the latest from Jared Israel is always on my list. Here is Jared's reply to Greg Elich. This morning out of curiousity, btw, I checked the various lists alot of us are on. PEN-L and Lou's marxist list and L-I all had this piece, no one responded to Lou's fwd. The situation in Montenegro and the upcoming elections in Serbia are worth following, but "reportage" such as Elich's contributes precious little to assessing the real possibilities and planning within the Pentagon or NATO. It's embarrassing that some take such speculation for truth. Any leak to the Post or the Times is worth more- let alone doing some real digging in the journals that the War College (Parameters?), say puts out.

Drop the Labels, Build the Antiwar Movement! by Jared Israel (8-30-00)

http://emperors-clothes.com/articles/jared/following.htm

Michael Pugliese