Fwd: Auschwitz in Bulgaria

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 1 21:35:21 PDT 2000

Excuse me while I retch...Another one of the regulars on the Emperors New Clothes website. Here is one. http://www.emperors-clothes.com/interviews/killing2.htm After her response, I append, Johannes Schneider's reply to her piece and the original from www.tenc.org Michael Pugliese

--- Original Message --- Blagovesta Doncheva <vjara at ivillage.com> Wrote on Fri, 01 Sep 2000 16:54:14 -0700 ------------------ I can only be sorry for the narrow-mindedness of those people. THEY ARE PITIABLE TO A DEGREE OF DISGUSTING!

The article DO NOT BELITTLE T H E I R privatised HOLOCAUST, neither is it denying it.

They simply REFUSE to accept the truth that the "extermination of whole people" in Bulgaria "was a consciously planned", and is being "bureaucratically exectuted" till completion!!!!!!!

At a very secret meeting in Blagoevgrad before 1997 the US masters informed their Bulgarian lackeys that Bulgarian population should be lessened to only 4 millions from 8!!!! THEY HAVE ORDERED THE KILLING OF 4 (four) MILLIONS OF PEOPLE!!!!

You have read my translations from the Bulgarian dailies - DO THEY NOT NATURALY CONNECT TO Mr. Angelov's article?

DOESN'T "Auschwitz in Bulgaria" NATURALLY CONNECT to the facts and true stories, translated from the Bulgarian dailies?!!?????

In Russia WHOLE SCHOOLS ARE GETTING CLOSED because of a DRASTIC DEMOGRAPHIC CRISIS - most "consciously planned", and most "bureaucratically executed"!!!!!!!

Have you understood now WHY THE BOMBING OF ALMOST A CENTRAL EUROPEAN COUNTRY AT THE END OF THE 20TH CENTURY HAS PROVED TO BE POSSIBLE?

JUST BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE Johannes Schneider and all the other hate mailers - THE HOLOCAUST PRIVATISERS!!!!

A Low Intensity Genocide - HOLOCAUST!!!!!!! - IS BEING CARRIED ON BULGARIA AND RUSSIA, and if some are BLIND AND NARROW-MINDED enough not to be able to see it, it is their problem. Please, do not mail me any Holocaust privatisers'hate mails - I am not interested in human cruelty, JEWISH RACISM, deliberate blindness, pitiable IGNORANCE and narrow-mindedness!

.......................................................... http://lists.wwpublish.com/pipermail/leninist-international/2000-August/0004 95.html

The Committee for National Solidarity Tolstojeva 34, 11000 Belgrade, YU

Author: Ivan Angelov, born 1943; International Relations Graduate (1969); Ph.D. (1975); Associate Professor (1988)

AUSCHWITZ NEAR SOFIA...

That is the title of an article in the =93ART=94 supplement of the =93TRU= D=94 daily (August 19, p. 15). It informs about the works on a Hollywood movie (=93T= he Greay Zone=94, producer Tim Nelson, starring Mira Sorvino, Harvey Keitel, Steve Bushemi - not sure in the spelling, this is how the names look like= in Bulgarian) that are going on these days some 20 klm from Sofia near the village of Zhiten. A very true copy of Auschwitz is being built there wit= h cremation houses, and things like that spread over a territory of 20000 s= q. m.

It is difficult to say if the people who participate in the works know th= at Bulgaria has been among the very few, if not the only country in Europe, that has managed somehow to save its Jews during the WWII. No wonder if t= hey do not have much idea about it.

In the same way, both local and foreign politicians and opinion makers s= eem not to notice how A u s c h w I t z is being reproduced here these days w= hen the life of millions of that country population has been turned into a humiliating everyday fight for bare survival as a result of the introduct= ion of a series of inadequate economic measures and policies. The idea of adjusting the country=92s economy to the requirements of the =93free=94 m= arket mechanisms is being realised in such a way that at least a good half of = the 7 million Bulgarians practically are without elementary means for a civilised existence. As a result of such strategies, that have been and a= re constantly praised and supported by the IMF, World Bank and the other structures abroad, the last decade standard of living in Bulgaria has decreased several times and the mortality rate is constantly increasing. Political parties in power and Governments have been changing but no substantial change has ever occurred in this kind of policies. On the contrary, the last go on in such a way so as to stiffen even harder the g= rip around the throat of the remaining part of the population and to make the= ir survival chances less and less. It seems that the winter 2000/2001 will b= e an extremely decisive and critical period in that respect.

During the last decade the Bulgarians have surprisingly survived somehow with drastically shrunken agriculture and industry. Obviously now they h= ave to show if they would be able to do it without doctors, dentists and medicine.

Since July 1 the vast majority of the population has been left practicall= y without functioning health system. The policlinics, developed by several generations of practitioners in the course of the last century, have been closed down with the only exception of those working for the high level governmental persons, Army and police officials - of course! The doctors have been forced to register as AUTONOMOUS juridical persons, c a p a b l= e of procuring for themselves consulting rooms, medical apparatus, laborato= ry equipment, etc. From time to time some of the media announces that up-and-doing y o u n g men (not necessarily with medical education) have managed to b u y this or that polyclinics=92 building. Nothing is heard t= hough where the policlinics=92 well-equipped laboratories and other medical equipment have gone to. They have just disappeared... At the same time me= dia inform quite seriously how much it will be saved when the time between periodical life-saving haemodialysis for the kidney patients will be elongated with 6 (six) months! We are told HOW MUCH BETTER things will be afterwards - perhaps, presumably, when most of the patients will GO WITH = THE WIND... Patients with serious nervous diseases, Parkinson=92s and the lik= es (most of which are in the lowest strata of the population) now have to ma= ke their own choice whether to give practically all they have for costly imported life-saving drugs or to go on without them...

It is widely known that in Auschwitz the Nazi used to take the golden too= th crowns and everything else of value out of the people before the final solution takes place. In this sense, if things here differ, that differen= ce is only a matter of scale and technology. Both doctors and potential patients in Bulgaria these days are trapped by a system under which the first have to introduce unbearably high prices in order to.. survive, and the others - to give up voluntarily any medical treatment.. for the very same purposes! Such a satanic merry-go-round obviously cannot last long a= nd it is sure to give the clearly sought of results during the coming winter when the deadly combination of central heating and food prices will prese= nt another choice of the same kind for the majority of the Bulgarians.

A month ago politicians and opinion makers both in Bulgaria and abroad ha= ve been involved in a discussion if Bulgarians could also have saved more t= han 11000 Jews from Greece and Macedonia in addition to the 57000 Jews from Bulgaria they have managed to save somehow in WWII.

Neither of them though - either in Bulgaria or abroad! - have taken even the slightest pains to see how much similarity there is in reality betwe= en the Auschwitz practices and the results of the economic strategies to whi= ch the people of Bulgaria is subjected in the eve of the New Millenium... Maybe this is so because of the ONE and ONLY very important difference between AUSCHWITZ ECONOMIC MODEL and the MACROECONOMIC FRAMEWORK forced o= n Bulgaria of nowadays, namely, the cremation and funeral services. In AUSCHWITZ they were free of charge, while in BULGARIA their prices are getting also unbearabl= e for the majority of the population!... Obviously this takes place in the view of the expected WINTER BOOM in this business which promises to turn into the only one dynamically developing branch of the economy.

At the same time, this may create certain undesirable sanitary and hygien= ic COLLATORIAL PROBLEMS for those, working hard to reach the MACROECONOMIC FRAMEWORK STRATEGIC END RESULTS in the AUSCHWITZ OF TODAY - BULGARIA. So= , it is high time for all in charge of it, both globally and locally, to gr= asp that, and to take measures that m i n o r difference and contradiction wi= th the WWII prototype - AUSCHWITZ - to be abolished.

It goes without saying it, of course, that if the economic reform in Bulgaria is carried out for purposes different from those of AUSCHWITZ=92 ones, some very different things should be started - and the sooner, the better...

We understand that all this may sound quite absurd to lots of people. The tragedy is that it is true. In previous days AUSCHWITZ stories also were difficult to believe. Hardly anybody questions them now.

The same is the case with one of AUSCHWITZ=92 new versions, this time somewhere in Eastern Europe...

Ivan Angelov, born 1943; International Relations Graduate (1969); Ph.D. (1975); Associate Professor (1988)

Secretary General Mrs. Jela Jovanovic Art historian .........................................................

http://lists.wwpublish.com/pipermail/leninist international/2000-September/000505.html Jela Jovanovic quoted:

> AUSCHWITZ NEAR SOFIA...
>
> By Ivan Angelov, born 1943; International Relations Graduate
(1969); Ph.D.
> (1975); Associate Professor (1988)
>
> In the same way, both local and foreign politicians and opinion
makers seem
> not to notice how Auschwitz is being reproduced here these
days when the
> life of millions of that country population has been turned
into a
> humiliating everyday fight for bare survival as a result of
the
> introduction of a series of inadequate economic measures and
policies.

I think its rather inapropiate to compare the results of capitalist privatization in Bulgaria to the Nazi holocaust.

The holocaust was a consciously planned, complete and bureaucratically exectuted extermination of whole peoples. I do not think one needs much intellectual capacities to understand, that its something different than what is happening in Bulgaria today.

Its obvious that such a comparision belittles the holocaust. At the same time it does not help the resistance againts the reintroduction of private capitalism in Eastern Europe, because such comparisions have the effect that the rest of the article can easily be dismissed as wrong as well.

Johannes