Questions on Writer in Bourgeois Society

Patrick F. Durgin pdurgin at acsu.buffalo.edu
Sun Sep 3 11:22:01 PDT 2000

John,

I wouldn't rule out the agency of pop-songwriters / performers. People like Billy Bragg & (of course) the Sex Pistols, even, in a round about way, The Stooges, helped start me on the way to my own class consciousness, such as it is. For a contemporary example, see Clinton, "Disco Is the Halfway to a Full Discontent" & all.

Billy Childish might be an example of a pop(ulist) poet / prole writer.

Certain examples of the mimeo-revolution, so-called, as well. See *A Secret Location on the Lower East Side* if you haven't already. Patrick

----- Original Message ----- From: "John K. Taber" <jktaber at dhc.net> To: "'lbo_talk'" <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2000 11:53 AM Subject: Questions on Writer in Bourgeois Society