Freedom and equality?

Peter van Heusden pvh at egenetics.com
Mon Sep 4 01:48:35 PDT 2000

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Anita Mage wrote:

> That would be Gerald R. Edelman, not Edelmann -- Immunologist, Nobel prize
> winner w/ Rodney R. Porter 1972 for work on the chemical structure of
> antibodies. Important work on antibody combining site, Fab/Fc fragments,
> heavy/light chains, amino acid sequence of immunoglobulin molecule (1969)?

Of course the whole field of research on the immunse system is also closely related to the debates about the origin and conservation of information in biology.

Peter -- Peter van Heusden <pvh at egenetics.com> NOTE: I do not speak for my employer, Electric Genetics "Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower." - Karl Marx, 1844