_New Left Review_

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Sep 4 13:45:08 PDT 2000

So I went surfing to the _New Left Review_ website, wondering who was on their editorial board, and found:

Perry Anderson Tariq Ali Gopal Balakrishnan Robin Blackburn Robert Brenner Alexander Cockburn Mike Davis Peter Gowan Tom Mertes Julian Stallabrass Susan Watkins

Perry Anderson, Tariq Ali, and Robert Brenner I have a lot of respect for. Robin Blackburn leaves me feeling neutral. Alexander Cockburn and Mike Davis are both, I think, highly overrated. Peter Gowan seems to me to be an idiot...

...And the rest I really don't know. Gopal Balakrishnan, Tom Mertes, Julian Stallabrass, and Susan Watkins. What hae they written that I should have read by now?

Brad DeLong