Quigley

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Sep 5 05:51:35 PDT 2000

[posted from a non-sub'd address]

Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 22:44:27 -0400 To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com, LBO <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> From: kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net> Subject: Re: Why You've Never Heard of Carroll Quigley In-Reply-To: <B5D997EF.149C3%fancher at pacbell.net> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed

WOW! Quigley was a heck of a functionalist! weeeoooo! I can see how, in part, his obscurity can be attributed to the hard times that fell on anyone doing functionalist social analysis during the 60s and 70s. thanks for that nice discussion, though. now i 'm just waiting for pugliese to hunt down some choice right conspiracy theory links!

maybe someday you can do the same for skinner and the arguments you made about his research. when i was an undergrad, my mentor and i clashed over skinner she was my tutor for a psych course. i dismissed him in ritual fashion and she got rather defensive since she'd, iirc, worked under skinner -- although she also later worked under rogers! :) your comments made me curious about this issue. she never mentioned it or the research you speak of, though that wouldn't be unusual since our turtoring sessions were devoted to other things and most folks don't find it particularly easy to translate political disputes within a discipline to a neophyte student.

anyway,

kelley