Quigley and a question about Ideology

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 11:47:45 PDT 2000

Raymond Geuss (my undergrad thesis adviser) makes a great many subtle distinctions about "ideology" in _The Idea of a Critical Theory_ (Cambridge 1982), a book that is only about 100 very dense pages long. --jks

In a message dated Tue, 5 Sep 2000 12:37:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kelley <sales at interpactinc.com> writes:

<<
>[posted from a non-sub'd address]

sorry about that! gte was wacking out, wouldn't let me download mail, but i could send. was assuming it was bouncing of majordomo at panix too, so i unsubbed gte. and resubbed under new interpact acct and then promptly forget that factoid once gte started working again.

question from another list, below. i told kmat about hawkes' book. however, i remember reading an article that was all about the various uses of the words ideology. i was an undergrad. came away from a history course asking my tutor repeatedly: "these historians make a difference between culture and ideology. what's the difference? i can't see one!" he sent me off to read that article and then durkheim, weber, and marx plus some more. heh. great tutors i had. i had questions, they respond: here are some more books to read! anyway, in this article they counted a couple hundred different ways it had been used. i think. does anyone know the title of that article. (it may well be in hawkes' bibliography but i never bought it. so)