Nader & gays

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 6 00:12:03 PDT 2000

This wouldn't be Thomas R. Edwards, Prof of English at Rutgers U by any chance?

max

Nah, our Thomas Edwards, if he was a Prof would have atached a PhD to his name by now. And his middle initial is "M". (God forbid I should run into him and mention the Peter Lorre movie, "M". He'd start ranting that naMbla=NLGTF!!! He's a good argument for Stalinist re-education/brainwashing camps.) He gets a letter into the San Francisco Chronicle about every ten days or so. Here is a recent one.

Michael Pugliese http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/08/15 /ED31759.DTL RULE OF THUMB'

Editor -- There are bound to be those who will support the Gore- Lieberman ticket simply because Sen. Joe Lieberman is Jewish. On the other hand, others will vote against the Democrat slate because Al Gore's chosen running mate is of the House of David. Both approaches

--the parochial and the prejudiced -- are beneath the dignity of the electoral process. Rather -- and notwithstanding that Sen. Lieberman is undeniably a man of such unimpeachable integrity and uncompromising character that one wonders how he could ally himself with such a Clinton apologist as Gore -- as we cast our November ballots for president, we should take into the polling booth this rule of thumb: There are liberals . . . and there are patriots!

THOMAS M. EDWARDS San Francisco

P.S. Kinda like James Watt. There are two types of people, liberals and Americans.