"seminal" texts in feminist economics

Forstater, Mathew ForstaterM at umkc.edu
Wed Sep 6 10:48:46 PDT 2000

I think the first one is probably meant to be _Beyond Economic Man_ a collection edited by Ferber and Nelson. Very good collection, especially the comment by Rhonda Williams (although probably too recent to call it seminal). Seminal articles would probably have to include "A Patriarchal Mode of Production" by Nancy Folbre and "The Unhappy Marriage of Marxism and Sexism" by Heidi Hartmann. Both have been reprinted a few times, I think (don't have the cites handy). I would also suggest _Patriarchy and Accumulation on a World Scale_ by Maria Mies.

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Henwood [mailto:dhenwood at panix.com] Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 11:44 AM To: lbo-talk Subject: "seminal" texts in feminist economics

I forwarded the query about "seminal" texts in feminist economics to Heather Boushey, who listed:

>rational economic man, by nelson and ferber.
>economics and feminism, by randy albelda

Doug