FBI on Einstein

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Thu Sep 7 07:51:54 PDT 2000

Well, unless you are a Millean about math and logic, we don't know

mathematical and logical truths through experience. And if you

think there

are a priori philosophical truths, such as that time, space, abd

causality

are necessaty conditions of knowledge, or every effect has a

cause, then you

might think these are derived from nonempirical sources. --jks ======= I'm not a Millian, but this make no sense, because I cannot make sense of non-experience. And no one has yet shown what a non-experience is. Do we know english, russian etc. through non-experience too or is math more like them than we care to admit and we deny it because a bunch of DWM's told us so before they and we knew s**t about the brain? Please don't tell me you hang out with Roger Penrose :-) Try Gerald Edelman instead....

Ian

Justin-try Brian Rotman's "Ad Infinitum" you'll love it...