geek

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Sep 12 21:56:05 PDT 2000

>For me, the defining characteristic of computer geeks or nerds is their
>propensity to condescend towards those who lack their expertise. Think of
>the Lone Gunmen on the TV show X-Files. Propellerheads who demonstrate a
>little tolerance to the uninitiated aren't really geeks or nerds in my
>opinion.

yeah..... i'm picturing carrol watching Xfiles right now.

:)

kelley (in my days, nerds/geeks were the NOT popular. geez peter, as a former football player i'd a thunk....?)

ps one of my former colleagues, bob bogdan, wrote something about freaks and geeks. p retty sure he has an etymology of the words. all about circus freaks and what not.