abortion

Steve Perry sperry at usinternet.com
Thu Sep 14 14:07:18 PDT 2000

as to the ultimate "lesser evil" plea involved here: does anyone believe that g-dub really wants the responsibility for helping to overturn roe v. wade? i thoroughly believe that al gore harbors more animus toward abortion than the shrub.

al fucking gore. let us recall who appointed the last anti-abortion-rights justice to the supreme court...

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of kelley Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 3:49 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: abortion

At 04:06 PM 9/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Lots of pro-Gore lefties are making the argument that a vote for Nader is
>a vote to end abortion. Here's the history of U.S. abortions, according to
>the CDC (the 1997 numbers are preliminary). The rate of abortions actually
>declined more quickly during the Clinton years than during the Reaganbush
>years. This is not to argue that a high abortion rate is good in itself,
>and I'm sure there are lots of complications behind these numbers, but
still...

>Doug

ummm, the changes are incredibly small?? also, the highest numbers fall in the years when the tail end of baby boom women (pre 1962 iirc) were in their late teens--> thirties. so it may be an artefact of age demographics