John Dean: 'Nixon, worse than we imagined'

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 15 08:50:09 PDT 2000

...I explained my low tolerance for bogus history, and the lawsuit my wife and I had filed against a wacko version of Watergate concocted by a conspiracy buff from Tampa working with Watergate's most-decorated felon, Gordon Liddy (they were absurdly claiming my wife was the key player in Watergate). Summers was familiar with the charges and appreciated why we had sued...

Referring to the Jim Hougan book? "Secret Agenda..Watergate, Deep Throat and the CIA." Believe Dean sued because the book alleges Maureen Dean had some connection to a Georgetown call girl ring. Remember that plan by the Plumbers to wire prostitutes in Miami for the '72 Democratic convention. Haven't read this book on Watergate, remember Norman Mailer gave it a blurb. He has another book, "Spooks, " on the private security industry. Good read. Chapters on Wackenhut (for conspiracy theory buffs remember the Cabezon money laundering/drug running- Danny Casolaro , "Octopus" PROMIS software allegations?) and the truly creepy bodyguard for LaRouche in the 70's, ex KKK figure and ATF informant, Roy Frankhouser.

Michael Pugliese