Welfare State/Economics?

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Sep 15 19:35:52 PDT 2000

A few ideas . . .

The Gift Relationship . . . Richard Titmus The Just Economy . . . J.E. Meade Political Economy of the Welfare State . . . Wilson & Wilson see also Theda Skocpol Social Justice and Public Policy ... A.B. Atkinson (heavier econ theory)

mbs

Hi,

I'm looking for the impossible and wonder if anyone out there could help me find it. What I'm interested in is if anyone knows of a good book that discusses the foundations and theory of modern European welfare and Social Democratic states, at a high level, while also including a basic outline of Welfare Economics for the non economist. . . .