geeks

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Sep 18 14:17:18 PDT 2000

okay, if any one has any doubts about the mythos of change the world revolutionizing broadcast by geeks, you can stop now. ac has just provided exhibit number one of what i've been saying. did y'all know that capitalism doesn't exist anymore and that the workers won?

somebody else please. my friggin tendonitis is acting up!

>what two sectors of the economy have grown tremendously in the
>1990s? high tech and services, the coder and the hamburger
>flipper. 33% and 66% (i am being simplistic). the coder makes
>lots of money, prolly isn't college educated (college cs courses
>*don't* prepare you for the new economy, but the old one, so
>what's the point?), and his one skill: (s)he knows how to learn
>and think for him- or herself. it is the burger-flipper who
>has that ole college pigskin hanging on the wall...

d00d, the professions didn't have formal credential processes at first either. READ AMERICA BY DESIGN. ferchrisakes