Exorcist

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Tue Sep 19 08:03:35 PDT 2000

>In this year of our Lord 2000, the Archdiocese of Chicago has engaged a
>full time exorcist to "help those afflicted by the Evil One." I am not
>making this up. --jks

In this year of our Lord 2000, an Australian judge let a radio personality (a particularly smooth-talking, voice-for-sale talk-back jock called John Laws) go free after a conviction because, the judge went on to explain, he was too rich to fine, too famous and controversial to go to gaol, and his mansion far too sumptuous for purposes of home detention. I am not making this up either.

Only fair enough in the convict colony, I s'pose ... Rob.