life among the TLDs

Matt Cramer cramer at unix01.voicenet.com
Wed Sep 20 12:07:55 PDT 2000

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Matt Cramer wrote:
>
> >a .gov
>
> Am I the only one who thinks that your repeated use of a top-level
> domain as shorthand for an important social institution marks you as
> severely provincial?

Our world (the digital one - the one you are operating in) has been using that shorthand for as long as I've been here. If the shorthand makes you uncomfortable, just who is being provincial?

Matt

-- Matt Cramer <cramer at voicenet.com> http://www.voicenet.com/~cramer/ I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

-Prof