Gore etc.

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Fri Sep 22 08:50:05 PDT 2000

Nathan wrote:

> As for Nader, Gore shut off his political oxygen from two directions. A lot
> of progressives and independents were looking at Nader not so much because
> of specific issues but because they were disgusted with Clinton's behavior
> and betrayals and saw Nader as a way to take a moral bath. Gore choosing of
> Lieberman and his whole "I'm my own man" schtick roped back a lot of those
> folks, just at it pulled in many more centrist independents who had been
> leaning Bush.

Nathan, I cannot believe above. I cannot imagine a Nader supporter being impressed by the Lieberman morality, especially because Lieberman is so bad on many core Nader issues. What surprises me if anybody is convinced by Gore's temporary shift to the "left." Could anybody believe in the possibility of a populist President Gore?

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu