WHICH OF THESE TORY MPs ARE GAY HYPOCRITES

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Sep 25 09:29:56 PDT 2000

[from another list - attached pix deleted]

WHICH OF THESE TORY MPs ARE GAY HYPOCRITES?

William Hague Michael Fabricant Ann Widdecombe Alan Duncan Nigel Evans David Ruffley G erald Howarth Nicolas Gibb

All these MPs advocate discrimination against homosexuals.

We are fed up with the Tory Party being shamed by two-faced hypocritical MPs who are gay in private but anti gay in public.

NEWS RELEASE 4 - 22/09/00 From: Tories Against Hypocrisy

All eight Tory MPs named today support Section 28 and the ban on gay marriage. Most refused to vote for the equalisation of the age of consent earlier this year. None voted to end the ban on homosexuals in the Armed Forces in 1996 or endorsed the lifting of the ban in 2000. Every one of these MPs opposed the amendment to the 1998 Human Rights Bill to protect lesbians and gay men against discrimination in housing and employment.

Their homophobic policies cause terrible hardship to many, many lesbian and gay people. This prejudice shames and dishonours the Conservative Party. They have to be stopped.

Our party will never be able to claim a reputation for honesty, integrity, fairness and compassion while hypocrites and homophobes remain in power.

Don't be fooled by the homophobia of these eight MPs. It is mostly a smokescreen to disguise their own homosexuality and to curry favour with the party's still powerful anti gay majority.

Sadly, we have been driven to name names by the homophobic intransigence of the party leadership and their cynical manipulation of anti gay prejudice in the misguided belief that it will give our party electoral advantage. Being honourable, caring Conservatives, we do not want tainted votes.

The best way to guarantee the party's revival is by transforming it into a modern, populist, libertarian party based on the values of free enterprise, meritocratic entrepreneurialism, personal choice and individual freedom.

Any form of discrimination is a constraint on the free market. It inhibits talent and achievement, and therefore has no place in modern Conservatism.

Today's announcement is only the start of our campaign. Detailed revelations about individual gay hypocrites and homophobes at the top of the Tory party will begin next week and continue during the Conservative conference.

The future of the Tory Party is more important than the fate of any individual. Long term Conservative electoral success depends on ousting the backward, narrow minded individuals and ideas that are alienating our party from the increasingly tolerant attitudes of the British public.

For details of earlier News Releases, click below.

<http://members.tripod.co.uk/gaytories/newsrelease1.htm>NEWS RELEASE 1 - 18/09/00

<http://members.tripod.co.uk/gaytories/newsrelease2.htm>NEWS RELEASE 2 - 19/09/00

<http://members.tripod.co.uk/gaytories/newsrelease3.htm>NEWS RELEASE 3 - 21/09/00

"The sad truth is that the Tories have become less compassionate, more intolerant and frankly just plain nasty." - Ivan Massow on his defection from the Conservative Party in August 2000.

TORIES AGAINST HYPOCRISY