Jim Lehrer: no opinions, no politics

Steve Perry sperry at usinternet.com
Tue Sep 26 07:59:05 PDT 2000

was it mcneill or lehrer who was working as a journalist in dallas on the day of the kennedy assassination, and literally collided with oswald as the latter was leaving the tsbd? i know oswald was busy that day, but he could have been a little more thorough.

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Carl Remick Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 9:49 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: Jim Lehrer: no opinions, no politics

> >''I really don't have any politics,'' he said. ''I love politics. I
>admire
> >the people who put themselves on the line. But I never take a stand.''
>This
> >is not a matter of separating his personal views from his public persona.
> >''No, no,'' he insisted. ''That's the way I am. I have found the more I
>know
> >about something, the less opinionated I am about it.''
>
>This is creepy.

But hardly a surprise. As snooze-inducing Washington newshounds go, Lehrer makes, oh, say, David Broder seem a sparkling wit.

Carl