Gender/Sex (was Re: Exorcist)

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Tue Sep 26 16:58:51 PDT 2000

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Carrol Cox wrote:

> enormous change from hierarchical (tributary) societies to
> capitalism is Thomas Laqueur, *Making Sex: Body and Gender
> from the Greeks to Freud*.

There's a book I've just started that I'd like to discuss once I get (more of) it read. Anne Fausto-Sterling's _Sexing the Body: Gender Politics and the Construction of Sexuality_. Although she cites Judith Butler approvingly, she never the less writes in English and her professional background is that of a biologist. I like what I've read so far.

Anybody else read any of her stuff?

Joseph Noonan Houston, TX jfn1 at msc.com