Exorcist

James Baird jlbaird3 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 11:58:49 PDT 2000

> >> Have any recommendations on books? (other than
> Gibbon, of course...)
>
> Hey, Gibbon's not that bad. It's just that he starts
> with Commodus and
> doesn't know where to stop.

Oh, I wasn't denigrating Gibbon. It's just that "Decline and Fall" is one of those monumental tomes (like Capital) that one always feels one needs to read in order to be "educated", but are so daunting sitting there on the shelf. Maybe its just that my attention span has diminished as I've gotten older, but I can't tear through difficult 1000+ page books like I used to...

Jim Baird