Morally Bankrupt economists on their way to becoming financially so...

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Wed Sep 27 12:14:53 PDT 2000

Yeah, but these clowns stole money from the US govt--a lot of money--and the Us frowns on that. --jks

In a message dated Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:36:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com> writes:

<< >I drafted an opinion in a civil case involving a guy who was convicted of
>defrauding a bond issuer of $130 million. A federal judge in Florida gave
>him 740 years in the slam, plus three years supervised release, plus 75
>hours of community service. There is no parole in the federal system. So,
>in principle, these Harvard guys could face real trouble id the US atty
>gets interested. --jks

I sure hope so. This calls for a fed legal team with the zeal of Kenneth Starr and the smarts of David Boies. But it's a fantasy to think the government's going to put much effort into publicizing what a complete swindle America's restructuring of the Russian economy was.