small not beautiful

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Sep 27 13:13:31 PDT 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> [Apropos Roy's praise of smallness quoted here...]
>
> National Post (Canada) - September 23, 2000
>
> SMALL IS NOT BEAUTIFUL
> Forget the romantic view of small business: for employees, big firms
> are less nasty places to work
> Doug Henwood

I forget the details from my reading of almost 30 years ago, but I believe Lenin made this point in a debate with Kautsky. The latter had been weeping about the sad fate of small capitalists in the SU. (There was some German and/or Russian equivalent for the U.S. Mom & Pop Shops -- Aunt Something or other I think, but I don't remember.)

Carrol