stunned

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 27 14:15:33 PDT 2000

>My World Bank source says the folks in DC are "stunned" by the
>cancellation of the rest of the meeting. This is utterly amazing
>stuff.
>
>Doug

I just glanced at spin central -- the web site of the NY Times -- and everything there is copacetic indeed. Joseph Kahn reports: "The officials wound up the conference a half-day early, explaining that the formal presentations on the agenda were completed ahead of schedule. The officials insisted that the decision to advance the concluding ceremony, originally planned for Thursday, to this afternoon had nothing to do with the protests."

Carl