Spreading rumors

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Sep 27 20:03:06 PDT 2000

Chip Berlet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Speading internet rumors in an election year should be grounds for
> suspension from any sentient e-mail list for 2 weeks.

Since I had nothing to do with spreading any rumor I can defend those who did. Chip's point holds only if you take elections seriously. I don't see how that is possible until the Democrat party is destroyed, making room for a second party. No third party will ever be formed, until one of the "two" parties dissolves, leaving a vacuum. And on the whole it would be better if it were the Democrat party that dissolved.

Carrol