small not beautiful

Michael Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Thu Sep 28 06:42:48 PDT 2000

Jan,

You will get a more balanced view of one of the types of new technology you discuss, namely numerically controlled machines, if you take a look at works by Harry Braverman, Harley Shaiken, and David Noble. New technology is always embedded in a set of class relationships, and it is really not proper to talk about increases in productivity without considering these relationships.

Michael Yates