small not beautiful

jan carowan jancarowan at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 08:07:42 PDT 2000

>From: Michael Yates <mikey+ at pitt.edu>
>To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com
>Subject: Re: small not beautiful
>Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:42:48 -0400
>
>Jan,
>
>You will get a more balanced view of one of the types of new technology
>you discuss, namely numerically controlled machines, if you take a look
>at works by Harry Braverman, Harley Shaiken, and David Noble.

Mr Yates, Neither I nor today's WSJ is concerned with punch card technology. I have not read any analysis by these people, Shaiken has been on tv.

New
>technology is always embedded in a set of class relationships, and it is
>really not proper to talk about increases in productivity without
>considering these relationships.

"Proper" if one wants to be a leftist business observer? What are the other rules for list participation? Anways, I can't bite on the crumb of this post.

JC