stunned

Thu Sep 28 08:29:34 PDT 2000

>>> delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU 09/28/00 12:40AM >>>
>My World Bank source says the folks in DC are "stunned" by the
>cancellation of the rest of the meeting. This is utterly amazing
>stuff.
>
>Doug

Hmmm. My fifteen-minute appointment with Summers yesterday morning (27th) has been on his calendar for three weeks. More important, he had a Kennedy School speech on the new economy on the evening of the 27th. So he had been planning to come back late on the 26th for a while...

CB: Watchout for Reno.She might think you are giving out top secret info.