lost post

cp cpevey at ccountry.net
Thu Sep 28 09:17:15 PDT 2000

Someone posted an article here not too long ago about the ridiculously high interest rates being charged to poorer countries by the World Bank. There was also one in which it was stated that the analysts had warned that tightening the economy of one small country was going to lead to unrest, and sure enough, there's now something like a civil war there. Sorry this is so vague, but if anyone has this, and could post it to the list (to avoid duplication of effort) or to me privately (to avoid going over the three post a day limit), I would surely appreciate it. My searches haven't been too helpful, since I don't remember the names of the countries.

Thanks, Carolyn