Spreading rumors

Steve Perry sperry at usinternet.com
Thu Sep 28 10:20:45 PDT 2000

goddamn right. that's one thing i've always appreciated about the mainstream tabloids--the palpable delight they take in running the most drawn and haggard (or bloated and sweaty) photographs of the rich and famous that they can obtain. what we need is a publication that pushes the premise further, a *spy* with a much more common touch than the original.

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 12:11 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: RE: Spreading rumors

Steve Perry wrote:

>how vulgar of you, doug.

Guilty. I'd love to do a radical tabloid, that was part muckraking, part analysis, part polemic, and part salacious gossip about the rich & famous. Class war should be fun!

Doug