Anarchist diatribe on Naomi Klein + what's so bad?

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Fri Sep 29 07:26:43 PDT 2000

Not that I would drive on myself--too expensive to buy and run--but the automakers also hardly even make station wagons anymore. --jks

In a message dated Fri, 29 Sep 2000 9:22:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Mikalac Norman S NSSC <MikalacNS at NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL> writes:

<< Yes. I don't know where you live, but here in D.C. (Arlington) you see lots of working class folks driving SUVs. I live in an apartment complex that is working class and predominantly Latino and I see SUVs parked all over the place. I just moved across town this sumemr from College Park and the working class folks out there drove them too.

I used to think that SUVs were only driven by Yuppie scum, but earlier this year it dawned on me that the SUV is the station wagon of the 90s/OOs.

Chuck0 "carless since 1989" ------------------------------ so maybe most of the US downtrodden masses, at least those wealthy enough to own a car since 1989, never had it so good?

ERGO, maybe the revolution is not right around the corner - at least not in DC and N.VA?

norm