Seth on Gore on Social Security (was RE: Pollitt on Nader

John K. Taber jktaber at dhc.net
Fri Sep 29 09:16:55 PDT 2000

Seth Ackerman <SAckerman at FAIR.org> wrote:

<

The only thing that impresses me about his platform is that he's *not* going to privatize/cut Social Security -- that's something he used to personally favor. But he had little choice. Once Bush -- to everyone's surprise -- came out openly for privatizing Social Security, Gore was pretty much compelled to offer the opposite.

Could you give me some details on Gore personally favoring privatizing Social Security? I would appreciate any info you have gleaned.

-- John K. Taber