LBO-Talk = the W.W.F.? (was Re: Spreading rumors)

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sat Sep 30 17:41:26 PDT 2000

>But I don't see any way of downloading the lofty insights of this
>imperious level of discourse into the domain of "duh people," to pay the
>American voter the respect he/she merits. This is a pity because -- and I
>speak as someone more permabearish than ever -- I see growing trials for
>global capitalism in the offing and think it would be great if the left
>had some usable messages and tactics on hand to win support as the public
>increasingly recognizes the fatal flaws of the Third Way.
>
>Carl

who says we don't? what you see here is what you see here: written for the well read audience--most of the time. otoh, i have stuff i've written for the not so well read audience. gets the message across. it IS possible to be able to write about epistemology but also be able to write about other more "duh people" things. so, afaic, the crits you make are misplaced b/c they expect us to be talking to the "duh people" when the "duh people" aren't typically subbed to lbo.