The coming Glorious Revolution

Peter van Heusden pvh at egenetics.com
Tue Apr 3 03:43:54 PDT 2001

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 06:19:04AM -0400, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
> Peter van Heusden complains:
>
> >He then counterposes left 'collectivism' to capitalism as an
> >ideology for development, and takes the framework for left
> >activity from Lenin's 'What is to be done?', particular the bit
> >about importing a new consciousness into the proletarian masses.
> >
> >So basically Kagarlitsky's programme is Lenin re-hashed.
>
> Well, what's an alternative to Lenin for Russians today?

Rather than directly stating an alternative (Yoshie, I think you know at least something about my ideas on that), let me turn the question round. Since you're (still) a Leninist, let me re-iterate the question I posed in the initial email - since there has been a century of work on trying to understand what went wrong with the Russion Revolution, what do you think needs to change in Lenin this time around, specifically on the question of guaranteeing freedom in collectivity?

Peter