The Real Reason Bush Dumped Kyoto

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Tue Apr 3 10:04:20 PDT 2001

In the London Sunday Telegraph, Mark Steyn had a theory of why Bush dumped Kyoto:

"[I]f I understand this global-warming business correctly, the danger is that the waters will rise and drown the whole of Massachusetts, New York City, Long Island, the California coast and a few big cities on the Great Lakes-in other words, every Democratic enclave will be wiped out leaving only the solid Republican heartland. Politically speaking, for conservatives there's no downside to global warming."